Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

CONTACT Paragon 


Phone: 0487272466


Postal Address: PO Box 317 Budgewoi NSW 2262

18 Perouse Ave
San Remo, NSW, 2262


Home Warranty

Insure Home Warranty

Home Warranty isn't just for builders.


Who needs it?

A licensed builder* is required under the Home Building Act 1989 to obtain insurance cover through iCare HBCF for a residential building project where the value exceeds $20,000. The insurance should be in place before commencing work and before taking any money, including a deposit, under the building contract when contracting with a homeowner, owner-builder or developer. A licensed builder undertaking a ‘speculative’ residential building project as the property owner is also required under the Act to obtain insurance cover for the project before commencing work.

* References on this website to builders and building work include and apply to work undertaken by trade contractors and other building contractors such as electricians, plumbers, carpenters, swimming pool builders etc.


What is Eligibility?

'Eligibility' is the term used to describe the entitlement that a builder has to apply for a Certificate of Insurance for home building projects, and the conditions under which the Certificate of Insurance may be granted.

A Certificate of Eligibility is not a certificate of insurance for a specific project. A Certificate of Eligibility means that a builder has been assessed by an approved Insurance Agent and has been granted the entitlement to apply for job/project-specific certificate of insurance.

How Do I Get It?

Contact us at Paragon and we can deal with this for you.  With fast turnaround times issuing certificates we can get you started on that next project quick smart.


More Complicated Stuff

If you would like to read more information please go to the iCare HBCF website but don’t forget to contact us with any questions you have.


Fill out the form below for a Free Quote

Name *